TECH UP CO-SPONSOR
THE ELECTRONIC FRONTIER FOUNDATION
Frontier Foundation was established in 1990 to help civilize the
electronic frontier; to make it truly useful and beneficial not just
to a technical elite, but to everyone; and to do this in a way which
is in keeping with our society's highest traditions of the free and
open flow of information and communication.
To that end, the Electronic Frontier Foundation will:
- engage in and support educational activities which increase popular understanding of the opportunities and challenges posed by developments in computing and telecommunications;
- develop among policy-makers a better understanding of the issues underlying free and open telecommunications, and support the creation of legal and structural approaches which will ease the assimilation of these new technologies by society;
- raise public awareness about civil liberties issues arising from the rapid advancement in the area of new computer-based communications media;
- support litigation in the public interest to preserve, protect, and extend First Amendment rights within the realm of computing and telecommunications technology;
- encourage and support the development of new tools which will endow non-technical users with full and easy access to computer-based telecommunications.